Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and my husband WILL NOT stop asking me what I want. While it’s very sweet of him to ask, I’d like him to do something nice on his own.
But, that’s completely unfair. So, for my husband, and all of the other husbands out there, here are some fabulous gift ideas for Mother’s Day 2014.
- Time away from the kids – no matter how much we love our kids, a little time without being needed is very nice. Your wife would love for you to take care of the kids on your own for the day, or hire a nanny to help you. Either way, do not make child care your wife’s responsibility that day. Then, send her out to do something that you’ve arranged for her, such as:
- Book a spa day
- Send her shopping
- Plan lunch for she and HER mom
- Jewelry – most women love jewelry, but rarely take the opportunity to buy something for themselves. Your purchase doesn’t have to be expensive and, actually, most of us love a new piece of stylish costume jewelry. Check out some of these stores:
- Work on the house – anyone who owns a home has a list of “projects” that need to be completed, but most of us keep putting them off. Do one of the projects your wife really wants done as her Mother’s Day gift. Warning: If you do this, don’t make her help you, and don’t leave her to do all the childcare solo. Some ideas for this season can include:
- Plant the garden
- Organize the storage area
- Honor her as the matriarch of the family – there are lots of options here, but the idea is to show her how important she is to you and to your family. For example:
- Book a family photo session
- Make her favorite meals all day and serve with flowers and/or candles (do the shopping and dishes yourself)
- Help the kids make cards, jewelry, or artwork for her
- Setup an at home spa – massages, facials, manicures/pedicures – and have the whole family participate in offering spa services to mom
The point of Mother’s Day is to show a mother how much they are appreciated. I know I don’t want a gift just because it’s a mandatory gift giving holiday. I want something my family thinks I deserve because I give them my all, every day, at the hardest job in the world.
What do you other mamas think? What’s the best gift you ever received?